Table of Contents Hide
- Benefits of Snapchat for Business
- How to Set Up a Snapchat for Business Account
- What is Snapchat Business Manager?
- How To Use Snapchat For Business
- Let your audience know you’re on Snapchat
- Add the Snapcode or URL to your marketing materials
- Have an effective marketing strategy in place
- Know your audience and track Snapchat metrics
- Engage with Snapchat users to maintain your presence:
- Use Snapchat’s features to create captivating content:
- Take advantage of sponsored AR lenses:
- Create a sponsored geofilter
- Focus on specific audiences
- Stay current with Snapchat features
- Experience Snaps in 3D
- Create Custom Landmarkers
- Dress up Bitmojis with branded outfits
- Make contacting your business simple
- Best 6 Tips to How To Use Snapchat For Business
Do you want to start marketing on Snapchat but don’t know How to use Snapchat for business?
Don’t worry. I’m here ????
In this article, I will explain everything you need to succeed in marketing on Snapchat.
And you will know how to use Snapchat business in the right way
You will learn the following:
- Benefits of Snapchat for Business
- What is Snapchat Business Manager?
- How to set up a Snapchat for Business account
- How to use Snapchat for business
- and Snapchat hacks
Snapchat was launched in 2011, and as of 2022, it remains one of the top 15 most-used social media platforms globally.
Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram may have more users, but using Snapchat for your business can still help you reach a new audience.
Find more statistics at Statista
With 319 million daily active users, millions of Snaps are created, sent, and viewed daily.
If you’re new to Snapchat or think Snaps are related to gingery cookies, don’t worry – we have a beginner’s guide to help you understand the basics.
For those already comfortable with Snapchat, step up your game.
We’ve got essential business tips and tricks for you.
But first, let’s see if Snapchat is right for your business.
Benefits of Snapchat for Business
Snapchat might not be the ideal social media platform for every business, but if the following points align with your brand’s values, it could be a great marketing tool for you:
Connect with a younger demographic
Snapchat is perfect for businesses aiming to connect with people under 35.
Moreover, users spend an average of 30 minutes daily on Snapchat, making it an engaging platform for this younger audience.
Get users to interact with your brand
Snapchat is not only for connecting with friends but also enables users to discover new businesses
The app’s design features a ‘Chat’ button for connecting friends and a ‘Discover’ icon for engaging with brands and content creators.
In 2021, 25 of Snapchat’s Discover Partners reached over 50 million unique Snapchatters worldwide.
Stand out and show your brand’s playful side
Snapchat is designed to be casual, fun, and authentic, not picture-perfect?
The app promotes lighthearted, creative, and cheeky features like Converse Bitmojis and Snap Map Layers for Ticketmaster events.
How to Set Up a Snapchat for Business Account
To effectively use Snapchat for marketing, you must create a Snapchat Business account.
This account type is suitable for large and small companies and provides access to features that support your marketing strategy.
A Snapchat Business account enables you to create a Public Profile for Business, a permanent landing page on the app, similar to a Facebook page.
With a Business account, you can:
- Advertise on Snapchat through its Ads Manager
- Target your custom creations by age to reach your desired audience
- Target your custom creations by location to reach an audience in a specific area
Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of How To Use Snapchat For Business :
1. Download the app
2. Create an account
If your business isn’t on Snapchat yet, create an account by entering all the relevant information, including phone number, birthday, and a username that reflects your brand.
3. Set up a Business Account
After creating an account, open your Snapchat Business account by accessing the Snapchat Business Manager.
Log in using the same username and password as your regular Snapchat account.
Enter your business’s legal name, the country where you’ll do business, and your currency.
A Business Account will be created automatically.
4. Start Snapping and creating campaigns!
With your Snapchat Business Account ready, you can start advertising, reaching your target audience, and designing fun, quirky content that matches your business’s tone.
What is Snapchat Business Manager?
Snapchat Business Manager is a comprehensive platform for creating, launching, monitoring and optimizing your Snapchat business account.
Like Facebook Business Manager, it offers built-in business management tools such as custom ad targeting, analytics, product catalogs, and more.
Exciting features of Snapchat Business Manager:
- Instant Create: Quickly create a single image or video ad.
- Advanced Create: Craft in-depth campaigns, narrow down objectives, split test ads, and create new ad sets.
- Events Manager: Connect your website to a Snap Pixel to track cross-channel ad effectiveness.
- Catalogs: Upload product inventories directly to Snapchat for a seamless in-app buying experience.
- Lens Web Builder Tool: Create custom AR lenses to engage your audience with pre-set templates or custom lenses.
- Create Filters: Use branded illustrations or images to connect your audience to your brand in their Snaps.
- Audience Insights: Gain detailed information about your customers, their preferences, and what they’re looking for.
- Creator Marketplace: Collaborate with top Snapchat creators for your next campaign.
How To Use Snapchat For Business
Once you’ve got the basics down, use these tips for effective Snapchat marketing.
Let your audience know you’re on Snapchat
When Snapchat is new to your business, inform your audience.
Try new techniques to gain Snapchat followers since it’s different from Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Cross-promote your Snapchat username: Share your Snapchat presence with your loyal followers on other social platforms.
- Share your profile link: Snapchat provides a unique link to connect customers to your brand. Please share it on other social accounts.
- Create a custom Snapcode: Snapcodes work like QR codes, helping users find you easily. Create one and share it for added recognition.
Add the Snapcode or URL to your marketing materials
Incorporate your Snapcode or URL into your website, email signature, newsletter, or merchandise like T-shirts, tote bags, and business cards.
Have an effective marketing strategy in place
Ensure Snapchat fits your brand correctly and develop a clear social media strategy before creating an account.
- Research competitors: Analyze what they’re doing effectively on Snapchat.
- Outline your objectives: Define your goals and how you’ll measure success.
- Create a content calendar: Plan when to post content and how much time to spend interacting with followers.
- Determine the brand’s look and tone: Keep your Snapchat presence consistent with your brand’s image.
Know your audience and track Snapchat metrics
Utilize Snapchat Insights, the built-in analytics tool, to monitor who’s viewing your content, understand which content performs well, and develop a successful Snapchat strategy.
Tracking crucial metrics helps improve your Snapchat business strategy.
Keep an eye on the following:
- Views: Check weekly and monthly story views and users’ time on them.
- Reach: Monitor daily reach, average view time, and story view percentage.
- Demographics: Understand your audience’s age, location, interests, and lifestyle.
Engage with Snapchat users to maintain your presence:
- Watch Snaps and stories from others.
- Follow fellow Snapchatters.
- Collaborate with brands or creators.
- View and Respond to Snaps and messages.
- Post content regularly during peak times.
Use Snapchat’s features to create captivating content:
- Draw and write captions on Snaps.
- Combine Snaps to tell stories.
- Add date, location, time, or temperature info.
- Include background music and polls.
- Use filters and lenses for added flair.
For example, National Geographic creates Stories with Snaps to share info, encouraging users to visit their website for more.
Take advantage of sponsored AR lenses:
- Over 800 million users engage with AR, so create a brand-reflective lens for effective marketing.
- Use Lens Studio to design and animate your artwork.
- Ensure your lens follows Snapchat’s guidelines and includes your brand name or logo.
- Publish and promote your unique lens once approved.
Creating your AR lens helps you reach users looking for new lenses to interact with, boosting your brand’s recognition.
Brands like Mountain Dew, Doritos, and Pepsi used sponsored AR lenses during the 2020 Super Bowl to extend their TV ad reach.
Create a sponsored geofilter
Geofilters offer a Snap overlay specific to an area and time frame.
To make a branded filter:
- Log in to Snapchat’s Create Your Own.
- Design the filter with your logo, event info, or other elements.
- Upload the final design.
- Set the filter’s availability duration.
- Choose a location for the geofence.
- Submit the request to Snapchat (cost varies).
- Approval typically takes three hours.
Utilize various Snapchat ad formats:
Targeting ads to specific audiences helps reach engaged Snapchatters and new audiences alike.
You can target by age, interests, or previous interactions.
- Snap ads
- Collection ads
- Story ads
- Dynamic ads
Focus on specific audiences
A Snapchat Business account lets you set filters so your ads reach specific groups.
This helps connect with current followers and attract new ones.
For instance, target ads at lookalike audiences who share interests with existing customers.
You can also tailor ads based on age, interests, or prior customer interactions.
Stay current with Snapchat features
Snapchat continuously innovates new, innovative features that may benefit your business strategy.
Try AR shopping lenses
Snapchat now allows users to shop directly from your Snaps.
Shopping Lenses enable you to tag products in your content, making it easy for users to browse, engage, and buy from your catalog.
With 93% of Snapchatters interested in AR shopping and over 6 billion daily AR lens interactions, it’s worth exploring Snapchat Shopping Lenses.
Experience Snaps in 3D
Snapchat’s 3D camera mode adds an extra dimension to your Snaps.
Users can see a 3D effect by wiggling their phones.
This feature is perfect for showcasing new products or displaying multiple angles of an item.
Create Custom Landmarkers
Snapchat now offers Custom Landmarkers, allowing you to build location-based lenses specific to an area.
Designed initially for famous landmarks, you can now create them for your store, pop-up, or any significant location, encouraging fans to visit and try your unique lens.
Dress up Bitmojis with branded outfits
Bitmoji outfits let your Bitmoji wear clothes from renowned brands like Ralph Lauren, Jordans, Converse, and even Crocs.
Snapchatters can also share their favorite outfits with friends using the Outfit Sharing feature, giving your brand more visibility in the virtual world.
To share an outfit:
- Go to your Snapchat profile and tap your avatar.
- Open the customization menu and click Share Outfit.
- Choose a friend to communicate with, and you’re done!
Make contacting your business simple
Snapchat provides Swipe Up to Call and Swipe Up to Text options for US-based business users.
This feature makes it easy for Snapchatters to connect with your brand by swiping up to call or text your business directly from their mobile device.
Best 6 Tips to How To Use Snapchat For Business
1. Engage with your audience
Interact with your followers by replying to their messages, reacting to their stories, and asking for their opinions. This helps build a strong relationship with your audience and encourages brand loyalty.
2. Create exclusive content
Provide unique and engaging content on Snapchat that’s unavailable on other platforms. This incentivizes your audience to follow and engage with you on Snapchat.
3. Collaborate with influencers
Partner with popular Snapchat influencers who share your target audience. Influencer collaborations can help increase your brand’s visibility and attract new followers.
4. Utilize Snapchat Ads
Explore different types of Snapchat ads like Snap Ads, Collection Ads, Story Ads, and AR Lenses to reach your target audience and drive engagement.
5. Offer promotions and discounts
Share exclusive promotions, deals, or giveaways on Snapchat. This encourages users to follow your account and engage with your brand.
6. Measure and optimize
Regularly review your Snapchat performance metrics and make data-driven decisions to optimize your content, posting times, and ad campaigns. Experiment with different strategies and adjust your approach based on what works best for your brand.
By implementing these tips, you can effectively How To Use Snapchat For Business, connect with your target audience, and boost your brand’s online presence.
In conclusion, Snapchat offers a variety of features and tools that businesses can utilize to create engaging content, reach their target audience, and drive sales.
You can make the most of this dynamic platform by staying up-to-date with the latest features and incorporating them into your marketing strategy.
So, embrace the playful and creative nature of Snapchat and watch your brand connect with users in new and exciting ways.